Wednesday, November 7, 2007

WebQuest!

This WebQuest experience really taught me a lot. It was not only fun to make, but fun to interact with in the end. It gave me a lot of creative liberty as the teacher. I can only hope that it would appeal as much to my students, which I do expect it will. Perhaps this is so because it will be especially designed for their class, and personalization always adds a nice touch.

I felt pretty confident before beginning the project, even though I had never created a web page working out of Microsoft Publisher before. It did prove to be a fun, stimulating experience. I learned a lot, such as creating an appropriate, functional layout. It also reiterated and gave me practice in some things that I already had previous knowledge of—i.e. creating hyperlinks, importing pictures, etc.

I highly recommend this as an effective tool, and without a doubt, intend to use it for literature/language arts instruction in my classroom. It is not only a fun project for the teacher, but it offers variety in the usual assignment of internet research or Microsoft publications.

No comments: